Thursday 6 September 2012

Curiosity Fed the Cat

Adventures in Skyrim - spoilers ahead! In this entry I am following my custom scenario "A Curse of Iron". You can follow the rest of the story here!

After sneaking across Dragon Bridge (guards will probably cane me) we continued on our journey past a friendly pair of Vigilants of Stendarr and then into Fort Snowhawk which was controlled by Stormcloak soldiers who recognized me from the war. Managed to take a lot of food some iron arrows and some hide armor. Also ditched the two hander and lumber axe for a pickaxe and regular sized iron sword. After cooking up what food I could we continued through the Morthal marsh fighting past a charrus reaper, a trio of horkers (for their meat) and a number of bandits, off whom I could scavenge better fur armor parts.

Reaching the start of the snowy region we came across another group of bandits taking down a big mammoth. Killed them off and took what I could before running into their nearby camp. There were only three of them, but it was a very tough fight. After killing the first guy, Wynna took an axe to the face leaving me to handle the remaining two dudes with a handfull of arrows that ran out quickly. Managed to finish the next guy with my sword before having to run circles around the final bow guy. Luckily my trick from Stalker Online worked here too, as I found a "sleeping" alpha snow sabrecat and hid near it. The fool woke it up by looking for me and became kitty litter while I made my escape.

This one loves breakfast in bed.

Finally reached Dawnstar where I -wasn't- a wanted man (for a change). Decided to hit the iron mine and smelter then pushed on to a nearby deserted imperial camp where I used their forge to make a matching iron sword to my current one and upgraded both of them. Unfortunately there were no tanning racks around for me to make use of the hides from wolves and such I had been collecting though, so I pushed on - scavenging a small lighthouse for food then sneaking past a lazy giant snowbear before finally reaching Winterhold where I marched directly to the Mages College.

I found everyone gathered at the main hall, preparing for a seminar so I pulled my old teacher Tolfdir aside and explained my situation. He was intrigued and said that a few weeks ago someone had stolen something from the library's restricted section. Since no travellers had been reported coming in he assumes it had to be an inside job, and could be related to my problem. While the mages could come and go, they were currently all here so it was the perfect time to find the culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment