Sunday 22 September 2013

Going once, going twice... go to Hell!

I know I'm a bit late to jump on this bandwagon but an illness managed to stay my hand from posting... till now!

Finally, one of the stupidest design decisions EVER is going to be undone - Diablo 3's auction house is to be removed next year, coinciding with the release of new expansion to the game. Whoever thought it was an inspired idea at the time must have been inspired by the lord of hell himself because that was one game breaking mechanic, especially in a game where half the point is to grind for gear. It certainly lowers the shelf life when you can just buy said gear at will if you had the gold to do so,  a method which I certainly used to trivialize the whole game pretty much. Pay to win, right there. Don't even get me started on locked difficulty modes, for me that's the next thing that should be changed.


Away with thee, spawn of Satan!

With that auction house being sent back to the flaming abyss that spawned it I can only hope similar ventures in other games follow suit. Looking at you specifically, Black Lion Trading Company of Guildwars 2. You and your false manipulated market. Player manipulated? That's to be expected, but you take a step further with GM manipulation. Oh... there's a surplus of item so and so huh? Time to change the loot tables! Sad part is, I'm not even kidding about that.

Anywho, I'll leave you all with an unrelated, warming tale of a griefer being beaten at his own game.  A story that should bring a grin to many - especially those who played table top Warhammer 40k. This is rules lawyering to the max!

No comments:

Post a Comment