Wednesday 26 March 2014

Folding Plastic Bags

Here's an off-beat post that has nothing to do with gaming! :P

If you're like me and you have a ton of scrunched up plastic bags stowed away somewhere, then this post is for you as you can save a fair bit of space by simply folding them. I'm annoyed I've only started doing it lately as it is really quite effective, more so if you have one of those plastic bag holder/dispenser bags with a tightening cord at the bottom.

Step 1: Lay out your plastic bag neatly (or neatly enough).
 
 
Step 2: Fold in half and half again, then push all the air out.

Step 3: From a bottom corner, start folding little triangles, working your way up.

Step 4: One you reach the top, fold the tips of the handles down and into the triangle.
Or: If your bag doesn't have handles, also fold triangles from the top and tuck them into each other at the end.

Finished!

This will literally take you 5 seconds or less. Hopefully someone out there finds it as useful as I have! :)

2 comments:

  1. Similar to folding a flag. I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ocho! I've never actually folded a flag before but that's good to know! I'm guessing you don't do the "tuck" part at the end for a flag though?

      Delete