Thursday 10 December 2015

MMO Agendas: Investment vs. Immediate Need

[Part of my MMO Design Folder]

Based on the ATITD Test of the Coalition I thought it might be fun to see how the rest of you feel about the following agendas when it comes to MMOs. I not only invite but encourage you to post your own thoughts on your respective blogs or if it's more convenient, in the comment section below.

Today's Agenda: Investment vs. Immediate Need

Do you like to play the market in your MMO?

I don't because A) I am pretty bad with watching trends and predicting future price peaks and valleys and B) I have no patience. Guess this puts me right into the Immediate Need category which is pretty true. If I need something in game, I simply go get it if I can afford it (with the caveat that I can never spend real money). Otherwise I simply learn to make do without it.

Are you an investor or someone that prefers immediate gains?

2 comments:

  1. Very much more so the latter. I like the shorter term feedback loops. My version of "investing" is usually accidental, via just hoarding a vast variety of thiings that I'm too lazy to sort through / tidy up until six to twelve months down the road, and then I look at the prices and go "Hey... Kewl."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I get those "Hey... Kewl" moments too - but that usually only happens when I haven't played for awhile. Otherwise my limited bag space is pretty tidy. :P

      Delete