Thursday 11 August 2016

Skyrim: The Deadliest Dragon

Adventures in Skyrim - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Turns out I had missed one of the ascended, a blood marked zealot who wasn't really anything special. Zuna took care of him while I executed his bandit buddies. He did have a book marking the location of the ascended shrine though again hidden on an isle in the North sea. Must be the spawning ground of crazy up there. Upon our arrival we were greeted by the familiar roar of a dragon - Vithdovah the bombardier and HP sponge. Can you tell I'm making up their titles? Fun fact: This is now the dragon who has killed me the most times.

If only I could ram it with this boat.

Since the shrine is on a tiny isle, Vithdovah's usual attacks were to stay in the air and explode the ground beneath. Competent adventurers like myself would only get minor damage from this while side stepping. This is actually much worse when he is landed as I don't think you can fully avoid the rapid fire exploding spheres he spits out from close up. Still a little less painful than Auszeimrahgol's though.

Aiming through explosions is pretty tough.

His most powerful skill was that if I attacked him up close - I would instantly die. And not the "my health drops really quickly but I have time to press I to open the inventory screen to effectively pause and consume health pots" type with the previous dragons. Nope. One second you are alive, the next second you are dead. It took me awhile to realize the reason for this. In short - he reflects ALL melee damage. So yeah, power striking with a 900+ damage sword and a 600+ damage dragon slaying katana at the same time was killing me instantly. The clever scum managed to turn my own gear against me!

No comments:

Post a Comment