Monday 8 August 2016

Skyrim: Monsters Sighted!

Adventures in Skyrim - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Reports from the College of Winterhold claimed more beasts had been sighted in the Northern Sea so Tharas and I quickly went to investigate. Are we seriously the -only- adventurers in the whole of this region? Anyway. We come across: a giant charrus! Yep, it's one of those giant sea monsters. Fortunately it doesn't take too many explosive arrows to take down.

Yuck!

A roar from a nearby island gets our attention though and sure enough there's a named dragon in the skies, and an unknown ascended mage controlling it. Tharas opted to take the wizard while I handled the dragon which was a good call since I have this technique down pat now. Slow time, hack hack hack. Dead dragon. Trouble is the mage was actually the bigger threat: throwing walls of fire every which way and incinerating any who came to close.

Getting really good at using the speed force.

I was too late to save Tharas Gull, he was already screaming in immolating flames when I finished off the dragon so it came down to me (the horse dislikes swimming) and having used my shout against the dragon I couldn't use it now. Even with the shadow armor it was tough avoiding the flames so I opted to do the next best thing. Drink an invis pot. As I thought, with no target the fool didn't know what to do. Even his flaming shield couldn't save him from the fatal one hit back stab he had coming.

Totally extinguished his life.

As I looted his body on the shore of the little island I could see yet another dragon circling on the next isle over. My task wasn't over.

No comments:

Post a Comment