Friday 6 January 2017

Dark Souls II: Of Ice and Fire

Tales from Dark Souls - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

The frigid outskirts beyond Elysium Loyce were the furthest place I knew of to escape from Drangleic. I joined an expedition led by the Head of Vengarl (a barbarian), with familiar faces Abbess Feeva the healer and Manhunter O'Harrah the archer, who has upgraded to using explosive arrows from the last time I saw her in the Iron Keep.

We make our way across the snowfield, going slow to keep together for when the ice deer show up. In the scattered ruins there are also a few regular hollows and some hostile wandering knights but none pose much of a problem. Even the ice deer aren't so bad once we put a snow wall to one side of our group. Soon we find the lair of our quarry - a pair of black sabertooth cats (which is basically Aava x 2)!

Burning them is super effective!

While they do hit strong it's nothing my fully upgraded gear can't deflect, and with proper preparation of fire resin (which was effective for everything else leading up to here too) we soon take down both kitties with little effort, and no losses to the team. Making camp in a nearby cave afterwards Feeva and the others are already talking of heading back to escape the cold. What I sought wasn't there though, my road could only lead forward. Silently, I watched the flames of the bonfire as I waited ... to install Dark Souls III. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment